Sunday, October 26, 2008

Rush and band-aids

Starting on Nov. 11, we're doing something we've never actually done before. The Humanities department and the English department are teaching the same unit together. We're both doing The Odyssey, and they're covering the cultural part of it, and we're covering the literary part of it. Not exactly sure how it's going to work out, but I'm excited.

It also means I've got to rush a little bit more than I'd like through Romeo and Juliet. I'm okay with that, I think. I have seven class days to finish it, and I'm on Act II, Scene 3 right now. Every day has to be tight. I'm trying to write lesson plans through next Friday.

Tomorrow, I'm going to see how big the puddle is in the corner of my room. The leak from the ceiling, which has been intermittent for the last couple of years, returned with a vengeance yesterday. The system keeps trying to fix it with... tape. Seriously. That's almost a literal band-aid on the problem.

No comments: