Thursday, July 24, 2008

Acting on the Folger Stage

By the way, today I acted on the famous Folger Library Stage. And did kickboxing. The latter is a lot harder than it looks.

Here it is:



The monologue I drew is below (King Lear speaking in the first scene). It's the first monologue I'll ever act out in my life. Today, we spent time physicalizing every word and puntuation mark. I felt kind of silly at times, but also had some fun. The Acting Professor is really, really good.

Peace, Kent!
Come not between the dragon and his wrath.
I loved her most, and thought to set my rest
On her kind nursery. Hence, and avoid my sight!
So be my grave my peace, as here I give
Her father's heart from her! Call France; who stirs?
Call Burgundy. Cornwall and Albany,
With my two daughters' dowers digest this third:
Let pride, which she calls plainness, marry her.

No comments: