Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Full schedule

I wake up at 5 a.m. Sometimes I hit snooze. I get to the gym between 5:50 a.m. and 6:10 a.m. I exercise - half weights, half cardio - until 7:30 a.m. I shower, change, and am in to the school by around 7:55 a.m. I rush to my classroom, and print out the handouts and lesson plans that I wrote the previous night. I print them out, and copy them off, and hopefully I'm ready to go in my classroom by the time the 8:10 a.m. warning bell rings. I teach for two periods. During the next period, my planning period, I'm usually trying to do something about this house buying process I'm in. Today, I had to run to Bel-Air/Edison Neighborhood Association and sign some papers about my mortgage. Tomorrow, I'll be printing out an appendum to my contract, signing it, and then scanning the contract and creating a .jpg of it, then sending it to my real estate agent. Then, I try to create my lesson plan for my Juniors. I try to grade papers. I try to eat lunch. Then I teach three periods in a row. My second planning period is next, and I use that to scope out the areas around the school and figure out what we're doing for practice. I write out a meticulous plan for practice. Or, sometimes I'm pulled out for a meeting and have to write "TBA" for the 4:15-5:45 chunk of practice. And we finish practice at around 6 p.m. Changing takes a half hour. I drive four kids home every night. I get home at around 8 p.m. Then I plan my lessons for the next day and fall asleep by 10 p.m.

Okay, so the above schedule has only happened two days so far. It just feels like it's been weeks.

Seriously, though, thank god for baseball practice. Getting out there yelling in the sunshine is the best thing in the world.

Bedtime. It's 9:07.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weird comment above. I wish you the best.