Monday, June 29, 2009

Onto Oryx and Crake

I finished Native Son. Love the first 80% of the novel - gripping, intense, thought-provoking. It died a bit at the end during the trial. But I'm almost certainly going ahead with the Native Son / The White Tiger curriclum.

Now it's onto Oryx & Crake by Margaret Atwood. It might fit into the whole angry resistance to oppression / haves vs. have-nots theme that I'm drafting for next year with the above texts. I've wanted to read this book for a few years, so I'm happy even if it doesn't work for the course. But if it does, that would be cool - a female 'world' author and a high-interest (hopefully) science fiction text.

2 comments:

Ayesha97 said...

I love reading Atwood! Oryx and Crake was a crazy mind opening book. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Anonymous said...

Wow great information thanks for posting............ very nice blog...........

___________________
Smarry
Online Marketing of your brand