Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy First Day of School!

This marks the first day of school of my 9th year of teaching.

It should be an exciting, challenging year. I'm teaching the highest-level Seniors (IB English IV), who are taking a series of high-stakes assessments throughout the year. I'm also teaching a large load of 9th graders, a significant chunk of the largest 9th grade class in recent history at our school. I'm also doing National Board certification. And becoming a bike commuter.

Let's hope I can add blogging to the list. I do enjoy it and probably should try to write more...

3 comments:

Bibliolatrist said...

I start my ninth year today as well, and I have a feeling this is going to be a wonderful year! Best of luck to you!

Unknown said...

hope the first day went well...very strange being out of the classroom. hope to see you around!

Unknown said...

sorry, that last comment was from me. i was logged in under another gmail account