Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Paul Blart: Mall Cop

It happened for the first time. I got called Paul Blart* today by a student. It was in a joking, gently teasing way, but it was still a good reminder to get myself back to the gym. I tore my calf muscle (just degree 1 or 2, according to the doctor, so not a big deal) a couple of weeks ago and was on crutches for three days - teaching on crutches sure isn't very fun, makes me feel very lazy - but today it feels healed, or at least well enough to exercise. I even hit some softballs today at the batting cages, where our baseball team went for practice to escape the heat.

* The rumors I intentionally spread last year that I was Kevin James' cousin - to the point where I showed my students the name "Kevin" on my cell phone, telling them it was him - probably didn't help matters much. But I get the Kevin James/King of Queens ("only not as fat", uh thanks) comment so much from kids that I had to do something with it.

No comments: